READ AND REPLY TO THIS FIRST

Forum rules
The Antlered Crown
Site Admin

READ AND REPLY TO THIS FIRST

Postby The Antlered Crown » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:37 pm

The Emerald Freehold Storyteller Declaration of Intent

In an effort to be clear with players up front, the Head Storyteller of this forum presents the following guidelines for play that exist entirely to make this game run smoothly and with as little trouble for both players and staff as possible.

1. "Genre", "Canon", and "The Way it was done in X": these phrases, or any version of them, will not be considered valid arguments in this game. I appreciate the way that other games did things, and the way others might interpret a thing in the books. But I would ask that same consideration in order to participate fully in this chronicle. In order to have a richer experience, and one that can genuinely surprise people, assume nothing when it comes to your prior knowledge of the game, because odds are very good what you know prior will only serve to frustrate you. Come into this with an open mind, and I can promise the experience will be fuller.

2. Out of character drama is your choice to have, not the staff's responsibility to mediate or resolve. At this point in our lives, I have decided to assume that most people who would place interest in a game such as this are adults, capable of articulating their feelings and upset to those who have wronged them. I understand when someone's not okay directly interacting with another player, but if that's the choice a person is going to make, they should be able to follow through on prevention of that. Staff will not be expected to mediate personality clashes. There's some wiggle room for when there's the possibility of cheating, but staff is here to run a game, not daycare.

3. Consider the staff when you have a complaint. That isn't meant to be taken as "Don't ever tell the staff that they suck," but rather, "Whenever you want to tell the staff they suck, remember to include why and also consider that they don't have to be doing this." Perspective is too easily lost when it comes to games such as these, and one of the first things to go missing is remembering that the staff of forum games choose to put effort into these things from the kindness of their heart. They aren't paid, they aren't respected, and they aren't considered for their efforts. We're here to work with you to create an awesome story, not be punching bags. Remember that when you want to go aggro.

4. The job of player isn't simply to react to the world, it's to live in it. Even the most boring person has ambitions, even if it's just going to Arby's after work. If a player is bored, please consider the question, "What would my character be seeking to do?" Staff will of course assist, but plot will be focused on peoples' desires and goals. Plan accordingly. Additionally, staff is running the world and players are agreeing to play in the world. Sometimes the world will interact with you even when you're not looking for something to interact with.

5. Asking clarifying questions about rulings are one thing. Demanding citations and precedent for a call are another. The staff of this game is empowered to make choices outside the confines of the mechanics detailed in rulebooks, if it furthers the story of the game. Discussion is encouraged, so everyone understands how things rolled out, as long as respect is shown by both sides of the discussion.

6. Activity levels fluctuate based on the real world. That of course is to be expected. However, 14 consecutive days of no posts with no contact with staff will result in your PC being moved to 'retired'. After 30 days, they will be written out of the game. All we ask of players who need to take a break is notice. Life happens. All we need is a heads up and you'll be able to pick up when things calm down.

7. Understand that these prior bullets are not up for much interpretation - it's all variations on 'be excellent to each other'. If that winds up being an issue, a player actively violating this social contract will receive a warning - once. Further egregious flouting of what is honestly a pretty straightforward document will be met with ejection. The staff has no desire to eject anyone, but a near-zero tolerance for disrespect of others mandates severe reactions.

Every player's first post needs to be an acknowledgement and understanding of these bullet points. This declaration serves two purposes - first as an agreement between staff and players that we will work as a group to make a good game, and second as a means to understand when conflict arises how it will be dealt with. We want everyone to have fun, and this document is a means to guarantee that players in this game will treat others with respect, and that the staff's focus is where it should be: the game itself.

Rucker

Re: READ AND REPLY TO THIS FIRST

Postby Rucker » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:42 pm

These rules are glorious, and I am entirely on board.
[b][url=http://www.emerald.monster-face.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&p=408]Rucker[/url][/b]

[i]Elemental | Fireheart[/i] | Current Courtless

Mantle: 0 | Goodwill: 0 | Presence: 2

Uncultured Southern accent, shoes untied.

Gladiolus
Rogues' Gallery

Postby Gladiolus » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:12 pm

Makes sense to me
Gladiolus
Seeming: Elemental | Court/ Title: Winter / Crowned Prince
Mantle: 3 | Goodwill: Autumn 3
Obvious Features: Striking Looks (4), Perfect Stillness, Presence 4, Stealth 4
Often shirtless, looks very much like a thin tree.
Rogues Gallery

Kit

Postby Kit » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Be reasonable, be adults, be patient, communicate constructively? Yeah, I'm on board. :D I'm excited about this!
[url=http://www.emerald.monster-face.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=170]Kit Swanson[/url]

Darkling | [i]Court: n/a | Title: n/a[/i]

Mantle: 0 | Goodwill: 0 | Presence: 3

Obvious Merits/flaws: n/a

Eyes are [url=http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q667/bitterserendipity/CtL%20Kit%20eyes_zpsyngiodnn.jpg]solid pale gray[/url].

Phoebe

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Absolutely works for me! Be excellent to each other.
Phoebe
Beast | Currently Courtless
Mantle: 0 | Goodwill: 0 | Presence: 3
Dex: 4, Flexible
Seal-like Swimmerskin

Maevis

Postby Maevis » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Don't be a jerk. Got it. :)
Maevis
Fairest Dancer | Spring Court
Mantle: 3 | Goodwill: 0 | Presence 3
Striking Looks (2)
Wears two rings on her left hand

Vaspour

Postby Vaspour » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:32 pm

I acknowledge, understand and support this message.
Fairest: Draconic |Summer Court |Mantle: 2 |Goodwill: N/A | Presence:3 [url=http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/ezrarashkae/4502f866-7a10-4e11-a0cf-48d7203ae4f2_zpsffv2zsu0.jpg]Ring band[/url] [url=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b1/e9/7d/b1e97ddea0ee2d0fa51d4ba7f9e55cd0.jpg]Sword[/url] [u]Haz Dragon Intimidation 4 Strength 4[/u]

Tess

Postby Tess » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:51 pm

This is all A-Okay with me!
[url=http://emerald.monster-face.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=537]Tess[/url]

Beast | None

Mantle: 0 | Goodwill: 0 | Presence

Mag

Postby Mag » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:02 am

My body is ready and I support these rules!
[size=85][url=http://www.emerald.monster-face.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=130]Mag Escol[/url]

Darkling | Court: N/A

Mantle: 0 | Goodwill: 0 | Presence: 2

1 Strength

[/size]

Corbin

Postby Corbin » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:06 am

Sounds great!

Return to “The Story”